Yes, yoga classes will all run over school holidays!
Drop in to any of the great classes at the NZ Yoga Centre
Sunday Stretch – peel yourself off the couch or away from the fire and stoke your inner fire instead. The Sunday Stretch is a new winter class that stretches tight muscles, boosts your immune system and gets you ready for the week to come. Great for sports people, people on the go, and couch potatoes who want to stay on top of their game all year round.
Special Integrative Sunday Yoga starts with your teacher offering an insight or seated contemplation, moving through an active warm up, and onto a selection of postures. Ali (head teacher) uses over 200 postural variations. This lesson will be accompanied by different aspects of yoga, including breathing exercises (pranayama), seated mindfulness (dharana), chanting (mantra), hands on healing, and relaxation (savasana). We will use a selection of essential oils to enhance the enjoyment of the session. – (this class is valued at $15)
Other Yoga classes – Yoga classes, such as Hatha Flow and Gentle/ Restorative yoga, starts with your teacher setting the intention for each class, moving through a warm up, and onto an active selection of postures. Ali (head teacher) uses over 200 postural variations. Verbal and light hands on corrections will be accompanied by breathing exercises (pranayama), seated mindfulness (dharana), and relaxation (savasana). Sometimes essential oils may be offered at the end of class for mood-enhancement. Herbal tea will generally be served for you to help yourself, and enjoy the social vibe.
Kids Yoga – Kid’s Yoga classes are for age groups 5-10 years. Your children will become stronger and more flexible as the term goes on. Yoga improves children’s breathing, posture, body awareness, codes of social conduct and increases children’s sense of calm and well-being. Kids love yoga and learn so many transferable skills, including balance, agility, co-ordination, focus and stillness. Please note if you are interested in this class will need to register your child in advance for the full term. Term costs $95.
— please take shoes off before entering the studio —
Price range: from $9.44 per class
- $85 for 9 classes – this pass is valid for a 5 week period. If you do not use all the classes within a 5 week period then you pay an extra $3/class to upgrade to a casual class fee. This pass does not include workshops or Sunday classes.)
- $55 for 5 classes – this pass is valid for a 5 week period. If you do not use all the classes within a 5 week period then you pay an extra $2/class to upgrade to a casual class fee. This pass does not include workshops or Sunday classes.)
- $12 for casual drop in classes during week days/ $10 for seniors
- $15/class Special Sunday class (1 1/2 hours long)
- $20-$45 for Masterclasses (advanced bookings by email necessary)
- Kids Yoga – $95 for 10 weeks- starts Term 2
- ‘ Karma yoga’ (FREE CLASSES in exchange for 1/2 an hour of light cleaning duties)
Who are we?
Ali Hale Tilley (Studio director)
Ali says: “Yoga is my passion. I live and breath a yoga lifestyle. As many of you know, I have just complete my Master’s researching New Zealand Yoga Communities. This study has shown me the importance of having dedicated yoga teachers who can guide and inspire students to deepen their yoga journeys. Yoga gives us all the opportunity to focus our mind and breath, find balance, build strengthen, strengthen immunity & gain flexibility. Yoga is also about finding a deeper connection with the world around you.”
Ali previously ran Sadhana Yoga in Miramar for 10 years. In 2017 she moved premises to Marton to open the New Zealand Yoga Centre