Please note there will be no Sunday class on Sunday 25th November due to Ali presenting at the Hauora yoga Conference.
All other classes will run as normal until the last class for the year on Monday 17th December. Classes will resume Sunday 6th January 2019. Happy holidays!
Drop in to any of the great classes at the NZ Yoga Centre
Sunday Stretch – The Sunday Stretch class has finished for Summer. However, we are making the Sunday pm class a private session time slot.So, if you or your friends/family/ workmates would like to book Sunday afternoon for a private class, or have a specialized Xmas staff get-together as a group yoga session please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 06 327 4108.
Special Integrative Sunday Yoga starts with your teacher offering an insight or seated contemplation, moving through an active warm up, and onto a selection of postures. Ali (head teacher) uses over 200 postural variations. This lesson will be accompanied by different aspects of yoga, including breathing exercises (pranayama), seated mindfulness (dharana), chanting (mantra), hands on healing, and relaxation (savasana). We will use a selection of essential oils to enhance the enjoyment of the session. – (this class is valued at $15)
Other Yoga classes – Yoga classes, such as Hatha Flow and Gentle/ Restorative yoga, starts with your teacher setting the intention for each class, moving through a warm up, and onto an active selection of postures. Ali (head teacher) uses over 200 postural variations. Verbal and light hands on corrections will be accompanied by breathing exercises (pranayama), seated mindfulness (dharana), and relaxation (savasana). Sometimes essential oils may be offered at the end of class for mood-enhancement. Herbal tea will generally be served for you to help yourself, and enjoy the social vibe.
— please take shoes off before entering the studio —
Price range: from $10 per class
- $90 for 9 classes – this pass is valid for a 5 week period. If you do not use all the classes within a 5 week period then you pay an extra $2/class to upgrade to a casual class fee. This pass does not include workshops or Sunday classes.
- $55 for 5 classes – this pass is valid for a 5 week period. If you do not use all the classes within a 5 week period then you pay an extra $2/class to upgrade to a casual class fee. This pass does not include workshops or Sunday classes.)
- $12 for casual drop in classes during week days/ $10 for seniors
- $15/class Special Sunday class (1 1/2 hours long)
- $20-$45 for Masterclasses (advanced bookings by email necessary)
- ‘ Karma yoga’ (FREE CLASSES in exchange for 1/2 an hour of light cleaning duties)
Who are we?
Ali Hale Tilley (Studio director)
Ali says: “Yoga is my passion. I live and breath a yoga lifestyle. As many of you know, I have just complete my Master’s researching New Zealand Yoga Communities. This study has shown me the importance of having dedicated yoga teachers who can guide and inspire students to deepen their yoga journeys. Yoga gives us all the opportunity to focus our mind and breath, find balance, build strengthen, strengthen immunity & gain flexibility. Yoga is also about finding a deeper connection with the world around you.”
Ali previously ran Sadhana Yoga in Miramar for 10 years. In 2017 she moved premises to Marton to open the New Zealand Yoga Centre