Who are we?
Ali Hale Tilley (Studio director)
Ali says: “Yoga is my passion. I live and breath a yoga lifestyle. Also, many of you know, I have just complete my Master’s researching New Zealand yoga communities. This study has shown me the importance of having dedicated yoga teachers who can help guide and inspire you to deepen your yoga journey. Yoga gives us all the opportunity to focus the mind and breath, find balance, build strengthen, strengthen immunity & gain flexibility. Yoga is also about finding a deeper connection as to the world around you.”
Ali now setting up a new Yoga Centre and teacher training school in Marton. The official opening will be the last Saturday of May 2017. Everyone is welcome!
Yoga classes – Yoga classes, such as Hatha Flow and Gentle/ Restorative yoga, will start with your teacher setting the intention for each class, moving through a warm up, and onto an active selection of postures. Ali uses over 200 postural variations. Verbal and light hands on corrections will be accompanied by breathing exercises (pranayama), seated mindfulness (dharana), and relaxation (savasana). Sometimes essential oils may be offered at the end of class for mood-enhancement. Herbal tea will generally be offered for you to help yourself, and enjoy the social vibe.
— please take shoes off before entering the studio —
Price range: from $9 per class
- $9/ class for monthly pass holders ( i.e. $80/ month for up to 9 classes per month, not including workshops or Sunday classes)
- $10/ class for monthly pass holder (i.e. $50/month for up to 5 classes per month, not including workshops or Sunday classes)
- $12 for casual drop in classes during week days
- $15/class Special Sunday restorative class (1 1/2 hours long), or if you have a pass add $4 to attend a Sunday class
- $20 for Saturday Masterclass (advanced bookings by email necessary)
- $10/class kids classes
- ‘koha’ donations/( or fresh produce) for meditation
- ‘ karma yoga’ (FREE CLASSES in exchange for light cleaning duties)