MASTERCLASS III – Quan Yin Series – Starts Sunday 10th July @ 7.15pm- 8.30pm
- Starts 10th July (all levels and abilities welcome)
- Where: ASB stadium, Large Matairangi Room (Level 1)
- The venue will change to the Sadhana Yoga Studio on Sunday 31st July
- Cost: $200 for 10 weeks or $25 casual
- Pay Sadhana Yoga– 01-0504-0163452-00
- Bring: yoga mat, or towel plus a blanket for relaxation
- Email Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org book in
How does the Quan Yin sequences work?
Each of Quan Yin’s hand mudra works to inspire the individual narratives of each yoga posture. This new rendering brings the rich treasury of Quan Yin’s precious objects to the healing power of yoga. Together this practice opens up a powerful new symbolic meaning for Yoga audiences, non-Buddhists, and practicing Buddhists alike. For example, Quan Yin’s mudra ‘the bow’ (dhanur), which traditionally means to aim for an illustrious career or a workplace promotion, becomes the yogic posture the bow (dhanuasana), which helps prevent busy workers from adrenal overload. Each image, meaning, and posture (āsana) is intended to provide practitioners with a deep sense of inner calm. Also, as a moving meditation which captures the subtle essence of Quan-yin, this sequence can have a profound transformative effect.
Join us tonight!